US Marriage Green Card Immigration Legal Services and Information

Gainesville Florida Immigration Lawyer Richard Ruth provides married couples in the United States and abroad with US Marriage Green Card Immigration Legal Services. For a consultation fee of $40 per 20 minutes, I can answer your specific US marriage based green card petition and visa questions. For international clients, I offer consults and services via e-mail, video conferencing and telephonically. For clients close to Gainesville Florida in person consultations are another option. For marriage-based green card services and related consular processing follow up where applicable, our flat attorney fee is usually $1,500.00, plus USCIS/DOS filing fees and costs.

US Marriage Green Card Immigration Legal Services

Overview of Marriage-Based Green Cards

Many US citizens find love with a foreign national, sometimes outside the United States while working or studying abroad or via social media, and sometimes inside the United States. Love blossoms, and they wish to get married to the man or woman of their dreams. The USCIS has created a process for a US Citizen spouse or permanent resident spouse to be able to obtain a green card for their foreign national spouse. If the foreign national spouse is outside the United States, an immigrant visa can be obtained. If your spouse is inside the United States, then an adjustment of status process can be started if the petitioning spouse is a US Citizen. However, to determine which process is best for you, eligibility requirements and other considerations, such as future travel, non-immigrant intent issues, and the like may come into play.

The USCIS requires that a marriage-based green card application package contain certain properly completed forms, as well as documentation. Depending upon the process that is chose, forms typically required in the green card application process can include some or all of the following forms: an I-130 Petition of the US citizen spouse, an I-130A form by the foreign national, an I-485 Application of the foreign national (for foreign spouses inside the United States seeking adjustment of status), an I-864 Affidavit of Support for the Petitioner, an I-765 Application for Employment Authorization of the foreign national, and an I-131 Application for Advance Parole of the foreign national (if travel is not forbidden for other reasons). While subject to litigation, in certain circumstances an I-944 Self Sufficiency Form may also be required. Documentation usually required includes certified birth certificates (with English translations where applicable), certified copy of the marriage certificate, certified copies of prior divorce decrees, tax return and proof of income and employment documentation, joint documentation to show good faith nature of the marriage, passport photographs, and copies of entry documentation, such as an I-94 entry/arrival card. Furthermore, sealed medical examination results are also required. If any of the forms are not properly completed, or if any required documentation is missing or not provided properly, then the application may be delayed, or denied entirely.

Which marriage-based green card process is right for you, will depend upon your personal circumstances, primarily whether your spouse is presently inside or outside the United States. Other factors such as income may also play a key role.

How Can Attorney Representation Help With My Case?

For 25 years, I have represented and counseled numerous clients throughout the United States and internationally on the marriage-based green card process. While the USCIS permits you to represent yourself and prepare and file your papers, it is my firm belief that an attorney in the process can be a great resource to a couple seeking to build a new life together, without undue stress in navigating the complex United States immigration processes. A mistake can at best add months to the green card process, and at worst, cost a couple employment opportunities, or ultimately, an opportunity to remain in the United States together. We are able to effectively represent married couples regardless of their location, and have successfully represented marriage based green card clients throughout the United States and internationally. Attorney Richard Ruth is able to offer US Marriage Green Card immigration legal services to clients wherever they may be located.

The marriage-based green card process can be complicated, as the USCIS has strict eligibility and documentary requirements for the process to prevent fraud arising from “bad faith” marriages, and to prevent issuance of green cards in situations where the Petitioner is not financially able to support a new spouse, or where marriage fraud is suspected. Thus, having the assistance of a qualified attorney can greatly aid the success of the petition process, and provide “peace of mind” for a couple.

To set up an initial consultation to discuss any questions you have about your marriage based green card situation or intentions or our US marriage green card immigration legal services please e-mail us today and attorney Richard Ruth will be happy to speak to you!