Our US Visitor Visa Legal Services

US Visitor Visa Legal ServicesFor a consultation fee of $40 per 20 minutes, I can answer your specific US visitor visa (B1/B2) questions. And for a usual flat attorney fee of $295.00, I assist clients with the US visitor visa B1/B2 application process, including answer client questions about the application forms, explaining helpful documentation requirements to establish “home ties”, providing counseling and drafting assistance with “invite” letters, and offering any other counseling that the client may require about this process. For international clients, I can offer consults and US Visitor Visa legal services via e-mail, Skype messenger, and telephonically.

What is a US Visitor (B1/B2) Visa?

Many individuals and families throughout the world wish to come to the United States to visit, be it a family trip to “Disney World”, a trip to see the sights of New York City or California, or to simply visit family and friends. Other individuals may need to come to the United States for business purposes, such as to meet clients or vendors or attend a trade show. For many countries that are participants in the “visa waiver program”, citizens of those countries can visit the United States for up to 90 days without the need to first secure a visitor visa from a US consulate or embassy (but they do need to register online with the ESTA service). However, a great many countries throughout the world are not visa waiver participants. Additionally, some citizens of visa waiver countries require a stay in the United States that is longer than the 90 days allowed under the VWP. In all of these latter instances, a visitor visa, termed a B1 visa for business, or a B2 visa for pleasure, is required.

What Activities are Permissible On A B1 or B2 Visitor Visa?

A lot of misinformation exists about permissible activities while on a B1 or B2 visa. I have had several potential clients over the years contact me after their visitor visas have been denied, because they informed the consulate they had plans to engage in “short term” consulting work inside the United States, or to “attend school”, or to work as a “nanny” for a family member. Before applying for a visitor visa, it is extremely important to understand what activities are and are not permitted while in B1 or B2 status. As a general rule, employment is usually NOT permitted while in B1 or B2 status. Nor is attending a prolonged and organized course of study. If you are unsure whether your activities are allowable under the B1 or B2 visitor visa, contact me for a consultation to discuss your specific situation.

What Issues Commonly Arise During the Visitor Visa Application Process?

The most common “problem” that arises in the visitor visa application process, is the issue of immigrant intent. For the consulate or embassy to issue an individual a visitor visa, “substantial ties” to one’s home country must be demonstrated, to convince the consulate officer that the applicant has a strong likelihood of returning after temporary travel to the United States. Substantial ties to one’s home country can be demonstrated through real estate documentation, employment documentation, school attendance documentation, documentation establishing strong community ties such as community association or church involvement, etc. The more documentation that can be submitted to establish substantial ties to one’s home country, the better chance that the application may be approved. I can help a client evaluate this criteria and identify documentation and evidence to help meet this strict standard.

In many cases involving visiting family and friends, the US consulate or embassy may also desire an “invitation and support letter” from the family or friend located inside the United States, confirming the anticipated visit, and agreeing to cover your expenses and housing needs in the United States. Even when such a letter is not expressly “required”, it is often very helpful to your case. As a component of my US Visitor Visa legal services, I can assist clients with the preparation of such letters.

Can Attorney Assistance Help My Process

A common question I am frequently asked… “How can an attorney help with getting my visitor visa application approved?” It is important to note that US consulate officials have wide latitude and discretion to approve or deny visitor visa applications, and we hear almost daily of consulate officials who have denied applications without even reviewing a client’s documentation. While we can’t prevent such abuses of discretion and duty by consulate officials, when a consulate official is willing to review a visitor visa application in good faith, attorney advice and assistance can help ensure that a client accurately completes an application, and has the “best” documentation possible to support the application, which can help maximize chances of approval.

It should also be noted that a client is BEST served talking to an attorney BEFORE submitting an initial application. Often potential clients contact us after an initial application is denied. It is extremely difficult to get a new visitor visa application approved, after a recent initial denial. Your best chance at getting approval is your first chance, so make sure you understand the process completely and fully before submitting that first visitor visa application.

To set up an initial consultation to discuss your US visitor visa legal services issue, please contact us today!