US Investor and Trader Visa Services (E-1 / E-2) and Information

US Investor and Trader Visa ServicesGainesville Florida Immigration Attorney Richard Ruth offers US Investor and Trader Visa Services (E-1 / E-2) to qualifying clients throughout the world looking to establish a business in the United States or a trading relationship with an overseas entity. For a consultation fee of $40 per 20 minutes, I can answer your specific US E-1 and E-2 treaty trader and treaty investor non-immigrant visa questions. For international clients, I can offer consults and services via e-mail, video conferencing and telephonically. For clients close to Gainesville Florida in person consultations are another option. For visa application (outside the US), or I-129 Petition (inside the US) services to obtain E-1 or E-2 status, our flat attorney fee is usually $3,995.00, plus USCIS/DOS filing fees and costs.

What is an E-1 Treaty Trader?

E-1 status permits an individual who is a national of a country with which the US maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation, to be admitted to the United States to engage in international trade. In some instances, employees of such a person or qualifying organization are covered as well. As a general rule, the treaty trader must be coming to perform substantial trade, and the principal trading activity (over 50%) must be with the client’s home country.

What is an E-2 Treaty Investor?

E-2 status permits an individual who is a national of a country with which the US maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation, to be admitted to the United States to engage in the management of a business enterprise in which the individual has invested a substantial amount of capital. The individual must also be coming to direct the activities and development of the enterprise, either due to a greater than 50% capital investment in the enterprise, or through some other means of operational control.

The E-1/E-2 Treaty Investor/Trader Process

Team leaderFor an investor or trader outside the United States, application is made for E-1 or E-2 status with the US consulate in the national’s home country. If a person is present inside the United States, then an I-129 Petition for E-1 or E-2 status can be made. In either scenario, the process requires comprehensive planning and documentation to maximize the chances of success. The consulate or USCIS will want to ensure eligibility requirements are met and supported by a detailed business plan and accompanying documentation. How is capital investment documented? How is trading volume to be determined? How will it be shown that principal trading will be with the national’s home country? Will the business activities support the investor or trader while in the United States? How is operational control and development of the enterprise established? Does the company have a sound business plan? How are revenue and operating costs determined? These are all issues that must be laid out, to establish to the USCIS or consulate that the business and activity is bona fide, and not just a sham or “hobby” to secure long term residence inside the United States. Thus, attorney representation for the E-1 and E-2 processes can be very important, and my experiences as a business owner and entrepreneur in addition to being a lawyer, often adds value to my representation of a client in these matters.

To set up an initial consultation to discuss any questions you have about your E1 or E2 situation or intentions or our US Investor and Trader Visa Services, please e-mail us today and attorney Richard Ruth will be happy to speak with you!